DONATE FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Support for nyts building fund
WHY NYTS BUILDING
History of NYTS
- New York Tamil Sangam has been established on 16 November 1970.
- It has obtained its 501(c)(3) Non Profit Charitable status in 1971 for performing Cultural, Social, Literary and Charitable activities for Tamil Community in New York and Tri‐State area.
Activities of NYTS
- Celebrating Cultural Events of Tamil Community including Pongal (Thanks Giving to Farmers), Chithirai (Tamil New Year Day), and Deepavali (Festival of Lights).
- Social events including Picnics, Bus trips to neighboring States, Meet and Greet the Dignitaries from India.
- Literary events including recitals in Music and Dance
- Charitable events including Feed the Needy – held every year in April since 1991 continuously, Relief Efforts and Fund mobilization for natural disasters in US and other parts of the world, specific direct relief to deserving causes.
Critical Needs of Tamil Community
- Uniting Tamil Community in Tri‐State area
- Upholding Tamil Culture in the World Forum
- Taking greatness in our Language to the next generation
- Identifying Community Issues and addressing them
Needs of Tamil Sangam
- Find all Tamil Speaking / Tamil loving people and bring them to NYTS
- Find the needs of Tamils living in the area and accordingly structure annual programs
- Info on knowledge base and resources within our community
- Communicate frequently – by various means (Phone, E‐mails, In‐person Meetings).
- NYTS Building would be a dedicated permanent address & identity for NYTS
- Venue for NYTS Programs & Community based events
- Weekly and periodic meetings, planning
- Classes to children – on arts, language, practical
- Accommodation to Guests visiting from Overseas
Building Fund Idea
- We have a dedicated account established for that purpose, and collections have started.
- Will hold events and Fundraisers to collect considerable amount before bidding for a premises
- A Building Committee to be constituted and promotion plan will be worked out.
- Contributions to NYTS Building Fund would be 100% Tax Free.
- Significant contribution would be suitably mentioned at the Building site.
Proposals to Consider and Implement
- Look for Lease Properties with an option to buy
- Set a target date such as December 31st of a year
- Hold Dinner event with celebrities and collect funds
- Collaborate with other organizations to spread the cause
- Take help from Congressman,etc.
- Format attached
- Paying in advance of Building purchase helps us in our commitment to buy.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW / DOWNLOAD THE PLEDGE FORM :